As we head into another growing season on The FARM, we’re reminded of a quote about that time between winter & spring.
“In Winter, I plot and plan. In Spring, I move!” ~Henry Rollins
- The FARM’s seasons will now run April – December
- The FARMstand has undergone major changes – you’ll have to visit to see all the exciting developments – but we’ve added a built-in bar, a swag center, a play area for your kids to run out all their energy (yes, games for adults too and plenty of seating!), and a bathroom (yep…it has a changing table!)
- Speaking of The FARMstand, instead of on-site purchases we’ve transitioned produce purchases to advanced online checkout! When the season opens you’ll be able to order pick-up (on-farm) or delivery (5-mile radius) for Wednesdays & Saturdays
- Liked visiting us in person and picking out your produce? Don’t worry! We’re still offering on-site purchases during events like Sunday Funday, Ag + Art Tour, Special Events AND…
- You Pick! We’re adding pick-your-own options this season – blueberries, blackberries, figs, flowers, pumpkins (and even tomatoes!). You Pick is Only Available for FARM Members this season (see membership info below)
- Last but not least – events! A lot more ways to connect on the farm including our signature Farm to Table Dinners but new experiences like Hen’s Night Out, Summer Camps, and much more!
One question we’ve been asked a lot since opening is whether we are a farm or an event venue.
We are both!
We are an 8th-generation working farm. You can read more about us here. We sell fresh produce and also offer community events (both free and ticketed). See upcoming events here. And, you can host private events at the farm – weddings, birthday parties, and more! We’ve also added a FAQ section to help answer many of your questions.
And as we head into the 2nd full year since we inherited the property on Corley Mill, we’re hopeful that you’ll continue on this journey with us & help spread the word.
We hear from customers just like you that they don’t want to see another housing development pop up here. And so, in an effort to protect this historic property from further development, we continue the tradition of farming while simultaneously offering a community gathering space.
But we can’t do it alone.
It takes the support of community members & neighbors just like you!
While a lot has changed in 230 years, the value of family and community remains.
The FARM’s goal is to ensure that you not only love the way your food tastes, but that you know it was grown responsibly and transparently, and that you’re able to take the time to share in an appreciation for where it came from.
In addition to enjoying fresh food and attending events another way that you can connect on The FARM is with a FARM membership. Learn more here.
We look forward to seeing you this season! ~ The Flashnicks