Brett’s Mom, Diane, made delicious quiches. I never was one to enjoy breakfast for dinner. But, tasting one of Diane’s quiche creations quickly changed my mind. Whether you choose to enjoy this one for dinner (it goes really well paired with a fresh salad made with vegetables and greens from The FARM) or for breakfast, it won’t disappoint.
One of the things I enjoy most about this recipe is the versatility. You can substitute a lot of the ingredients whether it’s because you don’t enjoy a particular item or just want to mix it up.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms or broccoli florets (or combo of both)
- 1/2 cup of diced ham
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 oz grated swiss cheese
- 4 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp of flour
- ready-made pie shell
- Sautee onion and mushrooms/broccoli
- Combine eggs, milk, sour cream, and spices
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and cheese and then add egg mixture to the cheese mixture
- Stir in ham and mushrooms/broccoli
- Add into a ready-made pie shell
- Bake at 350 degrees until set in the middle (depending on your oven, I have found this can range from 20 – 35 minutes. Start on the lower range and add time – always better than over cooking).