Marketing Intern – Summer/Fall 2022
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated marketing and public relations intern to join our team at The FARM 1780, LLC., the Midlands premier sustainable agritourism farm. If you’re an ambitious individual looking to gain experience and enhance your skills in content creation, design, writing, and marketing; then we want to work with you. This program is offered for program credit and runs from Monday, May 30 through Friday, August 5, 2022. A perspective candidate should be willing to contribute between 12 – 18 hrs per week to this program. During the course of this program you will be mentored by McKenzie Flashnick (University of South Carolina, College of Information and Communications – Adverting Alumnus ’06) and Brett Flashnick (Western Kentucky University, School of Media – Photojournalism Alumni ’05, Clemson University – New & Beginning Farmer Program Alumni, ’20).
In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should have a passion for sustainable agriculture, conservation, and community connection as well as excellent multitasking and organizational abilities. The successful candidate will also have general knowledge of marketing techniques and social media platforms, and some basic understanding of, graphic design, as well as video and photo production and editing. Please reach out using the form below if you are interested in applying for this position.
- Work to develop a 6-month content calendar across multiple brands.
- Script, write, and storyboard content ideas.
- Shoot, edit and write content for websites, email marketing and social media.
- Monitor social media platforms for community engagement, trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Help to prepare promotional presentations.
- Help with the planning and hosting of marketing events and community outreach.
- Help to brainstorm and create engaging branded promotional products.
- Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and digital content.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate course for marketing, communications or similar field.
- Access to current basic smartphone and computer (specialty equipment will be provided).
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and social media platforms.
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a passion for sustainable agriculture marketing.
- Outstanding multitasking abilities.